Sunday, January 22, 2012

Brian Regan

Our family are big fans of the comedian Brian Regan.  We have all of his DVDs, and we watch them pretty frequently.  We also have his CDs.  Quotes from Brian are sprinkled about in our everyday conversation.  So Abby was quite excited when for Christmas she received two tickets to see Brian Regan live in Salt Lake.

Last night was the show, and Abby took me with her.  It was at Abravanel Hall.  Brian is so popular around here that he sold out 10 shows at Abravanel Hall, which seats around 3,000 people, I think.  We got there early and we had great seats on the 3rd row, so we could see his facial expressions really well.  Another comedian named Joe Bolster started the show, and he was pretty funny.  Then Brian started off with a bit from his latest CD (hey, my knee hurts, I guess forever.)  At that point we thought he was going to repeat a lot of things we already knew, but after that he did almost all new material except for his microwave bit (sometimes it dings and I have no idea what's in there) and "I Walked on the Moon", which he did for an encore.

Highlights included bits about dog tricks (did my eyes deceive me or did that dog just roll over?), dancing (I don't know how to transition to the dance floor), and the word "cupboard" (I like to enunciate things properly, but . . .).  But the biggest highlight was spending time with Abby and laughing with her.

Take luck, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is making me a bit jealous. Harry Potter world, Brian Regan, and fun with the triplets?! Luckies.

    ReplyDelete