Monday, February 10, 2014

Artist Abby

This is Allison reporting this week.  I was fortunate to grow up with a real live artist for a father.  Our home was filled with beautiful artwork!  Sadly, the artist gene skipped me totally. Sweet 16-year old Abby, however, got plenty of talent from my dad.  She has taken art classes for years and comes home with beautiful drawings and paintings, like this pen sketch of the Taj Mahal in India.



And this is a cool pencil drawing copy of a sketch my dad 
did of a church in Normandy, France.  



 She recently began a pottery class and has been throwing bowls for me to eat my cereal out of every morning. And she's made little pots for decorations and condiments.  It's really hard to throw pots... (my dad says he can't do it!) and I am so proud of her accomplishments!


One of our favorites:  a pastel of the Godiva Cheesecake 
from The Cheesecake Factory. 
(The actual cheesecake is delicious as well as being pretty!)

I am so proud of my Abby and all she has accomplished.  It's a bit of heaven for me to have her stuff hanging on our walls and decorating my house.

2 comments:

  1. Go Abby! These are all just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so talented! I've tried throwing a pot and she is good!

    ReplyDelete