Thursday, September 4, 2014

Handicap Parking Spots

McKay and I go to the same school now, so I drive him to school sometimes.  There's pretty much only one space at the school where we can park, because we need an unloading spot on the right side of the van for the ramp to come out.  This isn't usually a problem.

But yesterday morning, we pulled into the parking lot and saw this other car pull into our spot.  At first I thought it was a teacher or somebody who really needed the handicap spot, but when I looked a little closer I didn't see a handicap parking pass.  Then I noticed a kid in the passenger's seat of the car grabbing things from the backseat, which is when I realized it was just some mom dropping her kid off at school!  I waited for them to leave, but this kid must have been, like, constructing an entire science project in the car because it took a little while.  Finally they left, so we got our parking spot and the cars that had been lined up behind us waiting for me to park were able to go on with their lives.  McKay and I were only inconvenienced for a few minutes, but it was still really annoying.  

Long story short, handicap parking spaces are just that: handicap parking spaces.  They are for people who actually need them.  They're not convenient spots for people to park in when they need to drop off their kid at school or run into the grocery store.  Even if it seems like nobody is using them, chances are someone is going to show up who actually needs it.

So the moral of the story is that if you're not a handicapped person, don't park in the handicap parking spots.  It's not that hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment