Sunday, January 27, 2013

Night Skiing

McKay is healing, but has had more pain the last few days.  I think he's having muscle spasms.  He is mighty brave, but he will be glad when he gets feeling better and can go out of the house more.  He is really stuck here!

On Friday nights our friends Meridith and Scott come to watch Alex and McKay so that Todd and I can get out on a date.  We are so grateful for them -- Meridith is a nurse, so even when the boys are sick or recovering from a surgery, we can usually still go.  (They're probably better off with her than us!)  Meridith and Scott bring their 2-year old with them, and we adore him and are so thankful for the wonderful way they all take care of our boys.  (Sorry Scott -- the only picture you that I could find was from our New Year's Party last year... hence, the crown.)


On Friday I had been feeling kind of cooped-up and stressed out, so I didn't know what I wanted to do on my date with Todd.  He came up with a wonderful plan.  We went night skiing at Sundance and then had dinner up there at our favorite restaurant.  We had so much fun!  The weather was perfect, it wasn't crowded, there was a full moon, and neither of us fell.  It was wonderful to just relax and have fun!



Last night, Abby and I went to the BYU production of Phantom of the Opera.  It was terrific!  I could hardly believe how beautiful the talent, costumes and set were.  We had a great time.  What a blessing it is to have BYU nearby and to be able to have such amazing entertainment.  That is really quite a show!



And finally, Abby and I have been busy decorating.  I thought of this cool way to hang up Abby's artwork -- I love it and we can interchange it when we want.  I put two strings up in my craft room, a small one in the boys' room, and one in the hall.  It is so cheerful!


And Abby created a wonderful photo wall above her bed.  She is so creative!  I love her cheery yellow walls with the turquoise accents!


And finally, I couldn't resist a picture of my sweet Abby knitting!  I taught her a few years ago but she didn't do much, but this Christmas she started a new project... and I am working on socks!  It's very fun.


1 comment:

  1. We are lucky to have your boys (and entire family, really!) take care of us. Such a fun date. We'll miss you this week!

    ReplyDelete